Re: What is the best export module to latex

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 10:37 +0100, Tim Oliver Wagner wrote:
Hello,
I use dia to paint my diagrams for my diploma thesis. But I have a problem to
export dia files to a format which is perfect to include into latex-files.

At the moment I tried png, jpeg and ps. PNG-format have the best quality. I
included this pic with \includegraphics to my latex-doc. If I choose a high
zoom factor to export the result is ok, but I hope to get a better result
with your tipps.

I think tex or eps will bring the best quality. But I can't include the tex or
eps file to my latex-doc. How can I include this format (package??)? What are
the latex comands to include this kind of files?

EPS or MetaPost is likely to give the best quality, as they are
well-defined vector formats.  I always use EPS for including into LaTeX.
A typical usage is

\usepackage{graphics}

\begin{figure}
\resizebox{\textwidth}{!}{\includegraphics{schemelayout.eps}}
\caption{Layout of a compiled Scheme program}
\label{fig:schemelayout}
\end{figure}

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (lars raeder dk, larsrc gmail com, http://lars.raeder.dk)
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the