Re: More MetaPost text positioning....

On 22.02.2006 15:06, Rob McDonald wrote:
Hans,

[...]
Ok, I got an answer from the good people at comp.text.tex .  Would you like
me to append this to the previous bug, or open a new one, or what?

A bug report with a some summary of this mail is the right thing to do.
It does not matter much if you reopen the previous one or open a new one.

As the label command (and all its variants) are based on positioning text by
the coordinates of its bounding box, it is impossible to get precisely
controlled text layout (using that command) in MetaPost.

Instead, you have to use the (less powerful) draw command...  It is less
powerful because draw won't take care of left, right, center positioning for
you.  You'll have to calculate that yourself...

For an example of a list of attributes in a UML diagram.

Talking of UML (class?) diagram I had another issue with the matapost plug-in: collision with TeX escapes and special chars marking the
access of class members. Could you try Self/dia-core.dia and suggest
some solution (maybe escaping as done in pstricks?).

Thanks,
        Hans