Re: PNG export from the command line: cairo vs. normal

Lars Clausen wrote on 13.10.2005 22:05:

apparently there are two PNG exports (cairo and normal), but for
command line operation (dia -t png) "cairo" seems to be the only
choice.

Is this in Windows or Linux?

Linux. SUSE 9.3, to be precise. ;-)

I was unable to try the CVS version. My attempts to compile
directly from CVS broke with a few complaints by autoconf.
[...]
You very likely don't have the libraries required to build, then.

Well, possible. I did install package the the SUSE-spec file suggested,
though.

But it's curious that cairo should be the only one available, since
normally there is libart and gdkpixbuf, if Dia was compiled with
support for them.  I wasn't aware that the Cairo plugin was even able
 to do png yet. Hans must have come further than I thought...
Have you tried with -t png-libart or -t pixbuf-png?

No, I haven't, because 'dia --help' only showed 'png' as a valid choice.

But '-t png-libart' does the trick. :-)

Thank you very much!

Regards -- Till
--
Dipl.-Inform. Till Dörges                  PRESECURE (R)
Researcher                               Consulting GmbH

                        A daily view on Internet Attacks
                        https://www.ecsirt.net/sensornet