Re: PNG export from the command line: cairo vs. normal

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 21:05 +0200, Till Dörges wrote:
Hi everybody,

apparently there are two PNG exports (cairo and normal), but for command
line operation (dia -t png) "cairo" seems to be the only choice.

Is this in Windows or Linux?

I would like, however, to be able to select the *normal* PNG export from
the command line, as the Cairo PNGs contain a few problems/errors.

Attached you find the files for one example. In this particular example
the circles are are too small with cairo.

  test.dia            DIA source
  test.png_cli                dia -e test.png_cli -t png test.dia
  test.png_cairo      generated interactively
                      (identical to test.png_cli)
  test.png_normal     generated interactively

I use version 0.94.

I was unable to try the CVS version. My attempts to compile directly
from CVS broke with a few complaints by autoconf.

I didn't find anything related in neither Bugzilla nor the mailinglist
archive.

You very likely don't have the libraries required to build, then.  But
it's curious that cairo should be the only one available, since normally
there is libart and gdkpixbuf, if Dia was compiled with support for
them.  I wasn't aware that the Cairo plugin was even able to do png yet.
Hans must have come further than I thought... Have you tried with -t
png-libart or -t pixbuf-png?

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>