Re: Core dump: input and output file name is identical

Lars Clausen wrote on 13.10.2005 22:07:

dia -e test.dia -t png test.dia

** (dia-python:21528): WARNING **: No attribute type ((nil)) or no
data((nil)) in this attribute

** ERROR **: dia error: input and output file name is identical: test.dia
aborting...

Does it crash or just abort?

It crashed with a core dump.

From the message it looks intentional.
Why you'd want to make a png file called test.dia I'm not sure:)

It was a mistake by me, but dia should not *crash* and dump a core if
the user makes such a (silly) mistake.

Bye -- Till
--
Dipl.-Inform. Till Dörges                  PRESECURE (R)
Researcher                               Consulting GmbH

                        A daily view on Internet Attacks
                        https://www.ecsirt.net/sensornet