Re: size of flowchart line arrows

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 09:29 +0100, Bram Mertens wrote:

dia-list-bounces gnome org wrote on 13/11/2005 22:00:46:

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 10:19 +0200, Bram Mertens wrote:

Hi

I've recently started using dia to create a flowchart.

Today I read in one of the messages in the archive of this list
how to
change the size of arrows for "regular" lines.  Is it possible to
change the size of the arrows for flowchart lines as well?  The
default values look huge.

What flowchart lines?  The flowchart sheet has no lines in it.  Do
you
mean the FS sheet?  For that, the answer unfortunately is "only by
programming in C".

I was referring to the lines on the FS sheet indeed.

I am no C-programmer (but I've been wanting to start learning it) so
this is not a very liekly option for me unless there's some example
code I can work with.

I suppose I'll need to edit the flow.c, flow-ortho.c and flow-poly.c
files below objects/FS?  Are there other objects I can use as a
starting point?  If I can understand the code perhaps I can "copy" the
relevant parts.

The best thing to do would be to make a patch for the flow.c,
flow-ortho.c and flow-poly.c that changes the FLOW_ARROWLEN and
FLOW_ARROWWIDTH from hardcoded constants to properties.  That would
require the sizes to be stored on the relevant objects and be
initialized correctly, but the property system should take care of most
of it.  There are plenty examples of this and some documentation at
http://faemalia.org/wiki/view/Technical/DiaEditor.

I'm working on XP at the moment (at the office) so I don't know how to
get the CVS code, is it ok if I start with the 0.94 code?

For that, sure.  Doesn't seem to have been touched for a while.  Please
do open a bugreport on it on bugzilla.gnome.org, so we can keep track of
the progress.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>