Re: reference to drawn objects

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 02:11 +0200, Steven De Groote wrote:
hi,

I am a student in computer science and I'm currently working on a
project that involves graph drawing.
As some of you are probably quite experienced with drawing software I
would like to know how you keep track of objects that are drawn on the
canvas.

I am drawing several things such as splines, however as the user clicks
I must be able to know which object he marked, but I'm stuck there..
Do you have any advice on how to keep track what object is where? How is
that done in DIA?

When an object is selected. the application calls the SelectFunc on that
object.  Also, you could call object_is_selected to check if an object
is selected or not (somewhat expensive operation) or
diagram_get_sorted_selected().  This is better documented in current
CVS.  When you say "I must be able to know which object [the user]
marked", what piece of code are you running?

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>