Re: Scaling & dimensions ???

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 09:41:41AM +0200, Grégoire Dooms wrote:
Michael D Schleif wrote:

Hello.  I am new to Dia, and it looks very promising.

I know that Dia is NOT designed to be CAD software; but, I do not need
much.  Mostly, I want something small, fast and open source.

I've looked into a lot of different free CAD software under Linux and
so far the best in my opinion is QCad.

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad.html

Dia is great for diagramming, but if you want scaled drawings of
floorplans, a CAD system with dimensioning is much better.

The only downside to QCad is I don't believe it has an export to
an image, however, it does support printing to PS which you can convert
to an image, also it exports to DXF which you can read into Dia and
use Dia's export feature (I've actually used QCad to create a floor
plan, then imported the dxf into Dia to mark up the floor plan with
objects).

-Anthony

Anthony Molinaro                                <molinaro yahoo-inc com>