Re: Feature request

Le Fri, Apr 09, 2004, à 11:43:37AM +0200, Free a écrit:
I may suggest one or two things :
* it should be very interresting, I think, to make Dia able to export to map
pictures for web,

Yep, IMAGEMAP HTML fragments would become a useful companion to .PNG files.
If SVG files have the concept of links, it gets trivial to add then. Ditto
for other export plug-ins, where applicable.

* about the chain link icon, it may be useful inside Dia, but when exported,
I think it may be he covered by the object that should be linked,

Yes, this was supposed to appear only when the object is selected, thus not
in the output.

* you may make a new sort of "shape" (or what you want), called "linked
area", that may be linked, but should not be viewed as other, but only when
selected, on with a pointing hand when mouse over. So the link and the other
Dia object should not be associate.

Hmmm. Not sure. You may want to have all sorts of shapes, and this would
unnecessarily duplicate the whole dia infrastructure. Better make objects
themselves linkable.

*I think the possibility to link text (standalone text, or in shape) should
be very nice.

Yup, text too could have a URL property.

Lars, I think I have a good idea to make this URL property come true.

        - if an object has the magic URL property, then the link icon appears
upon selection.
        - if it appears, it's just next to the first corner handle, inside
the object's boundary box.
        - ELEMENT_STANDARD_PROPERTIES will include this magic URL property
        - non-element object types (Textobj, polyshape for instance) may
        include this property as well (the whole property stanza will be
        a standard macro.
        - if there is demand to make just any object linkable, we'll just
make OBJECT_STANDARD_PROPERTIES include the url property and that'll be it.

        -- Cyrille