Re: Feature request

Le Fri, Apr 09, 2004, à 09:19:33AM +0200, Lars Clausen a écrit:
On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 18:20, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le Thu, Apr 08, 2004, Ã  08:07:13PM +0200, Lars Clausen a écrit:

previously (see:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2002-April/msg00053.html for more),
but it seems that nothing has been done since.
My users would like to make hyperlink between diagrams. I think it can be a
powerful. And more can be done, as I agreed with Cyrille. I can't do it
myself (netadmin, and php programmer, not more), so anyone can tell me it
something like this can, will be done and when?

I agree that it could be quite useful.  Could you expand on how you
could see it working (UI-wise, never mind the implementation)?  In
particular, how do we keep it from being confused with the other
functionality (selecting, moving, resizing etc)?

A good way (practised by some unspecified Windows tools) is to have a little
"chain link" icon appear in the lower right corner when the object is
selected (just inside the usual handles). Click on that link and poof you're
following it. Click elsewhere and the regular behaviour applies.

I guess that's viable.  I suppose you wouldn't want to tie it to text
elements, otherwise I was thinking to show it in interactive rendering
with an underline of text.

For the question of entering the link, I suggest simply adding an "url"
property in Element (and in the STANDARD_ELEMENT_PROPERTIES macro).

Just in Element?  Not in, say, polygons or connectors?  Would be
easier,but not as generic.  Should also be added to shapes.

Shapes derive from Element. That covers most things. Polygons are harder; is
there a point in making connectors linkable?

        -- Cyrille