Re: Dia Issue

On 23 Oct 2003, gareth foster wrote:

Ok, here is the problem, Dia looks very nice, but the RPM provided by
DAG (a major provider of RPMs for Redhat systems) is not behaving
correctly. He is aware of the problem, and does not know why it exists.

You can see the text of the (short) discussion we had which explains the
problem.

If one of the developers could help DAG to build a working RPM that
would be fantastic.

Let me also add what I've tried. You can see my buildlogs at:

        http://dag.wieers.com/packages/dia/_buildlogs/

The FAQ says I'm running dia but I didn't install it properly, the log
will show you otherwise. The FAQ also says to look into run_dia.sh, but
the script is not shipped with dia 0.92. So I found it in older releases
and set the different variables as the script does:

        [root lisse SPECS]# export DIA_LIB_PATH="/usr/lib/dia/:/usr/share/dia/"
        [root lisse SPECS]# export DIA_PLUGIN_PATH="/usr/lib/dia/:/usr/share/dia/"
        [root lisse SPECS]# export DIA_SHAPE_PATH="/usr/lib/dia/shapes/"
        [root lisse SPECS]# export DIA_INT_SHAPE_PATH="/usr/lib/dia/shapes/"
        [root lisse SPECS]# export DIA_SHEET_PATH="/usr/lib/dia/sheets/"
        [root lisse SPECS]# dia
        warning: failed to load external entity "NULL"
        Couldn't find standard objects when looking for object-libs, exiting...

But none of this actually works.

Thanks in advance,
--   dag wieers,  dag wieers com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --