Re: XML

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:45:29 -0800, John Edstrom <edstrom teleport com>
wrote:
The DTD is in the doc directory of the tarball.  I don't think we have
a more detailed description around.

I got my dia as a binary .rpm and the DTD didn't come with it.  I just
DLed the source and the DTDs are there. Thanks.

One nuisance of binary distributions is they frequently leave out more
than just the source code and Makefiles.  Could the .spec file (or
whatever, I don't use Linux) cause the RPM to install the ancillary
documentation in /usr/share/doc/dia os similar?

The DTD is not primarily developer documentation.  It documents the file
structure, a defining characteristic of free software that should be
included with all distributions.

--jkl