Re: Dia crash on Window Maker

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 19:19:13 -0500
Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> wrote:

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, Dave Bentham wrote:
Hi

I've been using Dia 0.91 for some UML diagrams for a while upto, and
including, on Gnome 2.2 (Linux, Mandrake 9.0).

After switching to WindowMaker alone, dia SIGSEGV's at startup
(after the splash). It appears to be trying to access the Dia shape
dll libraries?

I've attached a gdb session - does that help?

Sorta, it tells us which objects are giving trouble.  Are the
libsadt_objects.so/.la files in /usr/lib/dia still?  Did you remove
any Gnome libraries?  It's odd that SADT should give trouble, they
don't use Gnome, and they're not the first library.

I installed Dia ages ago and have used it fairly regularly - i.e.
everything is where it should be (/usr/lib/...)

to WM. Note that I also switched to using xdm at the same time; I used
gdm before that but couldn't get it to start WM, and as I could get
xdm/WM working I didn't piss around with gdm too much.

An interesting bit recently I found out is that if I start GNOME using
xdm, dia crashes still. But if I start GNOME with gdm, dia's okay...
which suggests its some xdm issue rather than WM. BUT the gdm/GNOME
fonts are really screwed now and although I can see dia windows, icons
etc, I could not read anything... so still looking.

Dave