Re: Don't cvs update now, if ...

At 20:57 10.10.02 -0400, Levi Bard wrote:
Sorry for the incovenience. The M$ compiler docs claim this construct to
be correct (there is no warning at all for the redefinition and at least
for C++ this is standard conform :) See :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclang98/ht
ml/_pluslang_redeclaration_of_typedef_names.asp

For ANSI C, declarator identifiers have to be unique (see K&R 2.ed p216 and
219).  So it's a no-no.

Incidentally, why are we referring to the Microsoft compiler docs as
evidence of the standard?

I'm not sure why _you_ are referring to th M$ compiler but I was
referring to it because it simply was the compiler causing
the inconvenience.
And I was not referring to it as the (or even a) standard. The only
standard I was referring to was the C++ one which definitely isn't
from Micro$oft but isn't simply linkable either, cause you have to
pay to read it.
In case you haven't noticed yet, most work for Dia on win32 is done
with the M$ compiler ...

Regards,
        Hans