Don't cvs update now, if ...
- From: Hans Breuer <hans breuer org>
- To: dia-list gnome org
- Subject: Don't cvs update now, if ...
- Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 20:36:12 +0200
... you don't plan to help with the transition to GObject
That said, here is what currently already works (with
probably minor build issues on *nix, cause all this work
was done on win32) :
There is a new DiaRenderer class and a DiaInteractiveRenderer
interface defined in libdia. The DiaRenderer implementation
lives in libdia, the additional DiaInteractiveRenderer interface
is implemented in app/*
- RendererGdk is ported to be DiaGdkRenderer
- RendererPixmap has vanished. The render to pixmap facility
is implemented on top of DiaGdkRenderer (parametrization)
- DiaRenderer has default implementations for higher level
renderer function like draw_bezier (approximation with
draw_line, moved from RendererGdk, *_rounded_*, etc.)
- all of object/* is ported to use DiaRenderer
- there is a new DiaSvgRenderer in libdia containing almost all
the code which can be shared between plug-ins/svg and
plug-ins/shape. The respective plug-ins are stripped down to
their essential differences (removed code duplication).
- part of plug-ins/* (i.e. hpgl, shape, svg, wmf, wpg) is ported.
The other plug-ins will be ported soon (want to contribute?).
- there is a new export plug-in called 'Pixbuf' which uses
DiaGdkRenderer to export to gdk-pixbuf supported bitmap
formats (currently only PNG and JPEG).
Almost as described in
- convert Renderer interface to GObject
- change init_*_*ops() to *_class_init, virtual function support
(should be done by/with the help of GObject)
- lib/render.c includes most of the base DiaRenderer
plug-ins/renderer.inc has code to approximate ellipse by arcs
app/renderer_gdk.c : has a bezier by line approximation
- try to involve original plug-in authors (to at least
take a look if something got broken during the transition)
RendererLibart and RendererEPS are next on my list. Following
plug-ins/python. If noone else is taking the missing plug-in
conversion (cgm, dxf, metapost, pstricks, xfig) they are last.
-------- Hans "at" Breuer "dot" Org -----------
Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to
get along without it. -- Dilbert
] [Thread Prev