RE: utf-8 test diagram

thx for the reply Loli,

tiny example diagram attached:
does this attached diagram show up for anyone
in their version of dia. It should contain
a flowchart box with:
"begin:XXX, end"

I dont know if the diagram I saw  is just what you excepted: there are
some differences between what I see in the mail and what I see in the
diagram:  After  "begin:"  and before ", end",  I see:
in the mail: 9 symbols; in the diagram just 4 of them.
(the extra 5 symbols  in mail are 4 little squares and a < symbol)

But I beleive the diagram shows the 4  symbols you put in the Dia
file.

the original email was sent in a utf-8 mime partition, which has
probably been munged since then. What it should look like is
a set of three chinese/japanese characters between the "begin:" and
",end". in the rc1 release for windows they simply dont appear,
no blank space or indication that are there at all.
(i could link to bitmaps of them, maybe they do show up for you:
http://www.kanjisite.com/images/kanji/3k/un_hako.gif
http://www.kanjisite.com/images/kanji/3k/ta_oo.gif
http://www.kanjisite.com/images/kanji/3k/kyou_oshi.gif
do you see anything like those?)

someone said that rc1 dia might not support characters outside
of the current locale, which seemed strange to me because locales
are mostly about case/keyboard/date/currency/sorting etc, and
they arent supposed to limit visibility of other languages outside
their own (one of the primary reasons to use unicode is to
be able to mix characters from all languages together)

I could peek around in the source, but im sure someone understands
the issue. it may be as simply as the fonts its using not supporting
those glyphs (but i would expect to see squares if that were the case)
If there are any chinese/japanese locale users of dia rc1 windows
version, does it work for them, im curious?