Re: Cisco icons for Dia

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 19:06, Lars Clausen wrote:
On 24 Jun 2002, Ian Redfern wrote:
Mostly, yes, although I had to apply the letters by hand - the original
icons are available in PDF, and it's pretty painless to convert that to
SVG with XPM previews. Fortunately SVG has a very similar path model to
PostScript.

That is very cool!  Is this something that can be totally automated, or do
you still have to cut things out by hand?

You're welcome to my Perl script. It tries to identify connected objects
on a page and turns each one into a Dia shape. It's not perfect, but may
be a starting point. I've put it at
http://public.logica.com/~redferni/dia/pstoshape.pl - you need to run
pdftops first to decode the PDF. I have a hack to turn these into XPMs
via GhostScript, but I'm too ashamed of that to publish it yet.

It would also be much simpler if I could put text in shape files,
although I admit that cross-platform font issues would make this
impractical.

For things like the ADM, the FDDI etc?  We should probably wait and see how
the current font changes pan out.

I'll have a try at the <svg:text> tag to see if it looks better.
--
Ian Redfern
Consultant

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain
proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be
copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please
promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.