Re: Getting rid of old home-grown FontSelector

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Hans Breuer wrote:
After fidling half the last night in widgets.c to make our home-grown
FontSelector work with the recent DiaFont changes I've given up.

I am thinking now that making style 0 be normal obliquity/normal weight was
a really bad decision.  It's better to have a linear scale for them all.
(Argh!  Another change in font.h!).  The hack in
dia_font_selector_set_styles is an easy way to sort and remove duplicates
for styles.  A few fixes, and it seems quite workable.  I'll commit after
I'm done compiling (and making dinner, I'm afraid:)

Is there any reason we shouldn't use the standard GtkFontSelector and
integrate it into Dia like the GtkColorSelector ?

The main reason I see is that we can avoid a complex window popping up
every time we want to change font.

If the answer is no, I'm ready to apply the new version which works,
but needs some more graphical sugar (currently it only has a button
with the font description, but it could even draw this in the
respective font :-)

Drawing it with the respective font is a bad idea -- some fonts
(e.g. dingbats) aren't readable as font names.

-Lars