Re: Getting rid of old home-grown FontSelector

At 22:10 24.06.02 +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
Le Mon, Jun 24, 2002, à 09:34:52PM +0200, Hans Breuer a écrit:
[...]
Well, what I mean is, let's say an object defaults to Sans. I want it in
Serif (generic Serif). Will GtkFontSelector allow me do do that, without me
having to specifically fish for Sans (and ending up with DIA_FONT_ANY_FAMILY
anyways) ?

Yepp. The 'special names' are displayed in the font selector as if they
were normal. There is no special indication about them being special
though.

Which reminds me, we could use these bits while saving and
don't save the family name at all if set.

On the other hand the _three_ font family names with a special
meaning are inherited (and configurable by Pango). They are
'Sans', 'Serif' and 'Monospace' and are already saved as such.

Would that reset the family bit to DIA_FONT_SANS (and the two others) if I
select Sans in the GtkFontSelector ?

It doesn't matter. The current implementation only respects the
DiaFontFamily if no name is given: than it defaults to one of
the three magic names. If you give such a name at creation ->
same effect.

        Hans