Re: About box (bug #85726) (was Re: Help out with Dia (was Re: Minor dia build error?))

Le Mon, Jun 24, 2002, à 01:37:13PM +0200, Tino Schwarze a écrit:

cvs -z3 diff -N 2>/tmp/diff.log |gzip >/tmp/some.patch.gz

Is there any opposition to using unified diffs (add -u after -N above)?
IMHO they are far more readable than the default diff format.

Why, there are other patch formats than unidiff ?

Actually, it's the definitely preferred way. I forgot to add the -u in the
mail in February. Oh, I guess I ought to put that mail (after corrections)
on the web site. Will do that together with the explanation of the DCD.

So, to correct what I said back in February:

        cvs -z3 diff -uN 2>/tmp/diff.log |gzip >/tmp/some.patch.gz

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.