Re: XML file format - Linux vs Windows

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 08:11:32PM +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

Why do bounding boxes get saved at all? To me it looks like they should
be computed after loading the file.

the UML Class object, for instance, has a size which depends on the
contained text's bounding box. This is where the problem is: we can't
guarantee a stable bounding box in a cross-platform way, because we will
never be using the same font renderer.

Well, just let's not store the bounding box at all but let the UML Class
figure it out with the help of the renderer (it needs the renderer
anyway). IMHO this would require nothing more than an invisible "redraw
all" cycle after loading the file.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/