Re: problems in CVS build

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 11:44:30 -0800
Geoff Gerrietts <ggerrietts yahoo com> wrote:

I've built Dia successfully out of CVS, but I'm suffering from a
couple fairly minor afflictions. I could spend more time trying to
track these down myself, but I thought I'd ask first to see if anyone
had advice.

My "make install" regularly fails when trying to install the docs.
Apparently, there are no document subdirectories to install. Anyone
have ideas on why this is so? (Another hidden dependency? A make
target I need to run? Files I need to leech from somewhere?)
I had similar problem.....After ./configure I changed /dia/doc/Makefile
to:
---------
install:
uninstall:
all:
        echo Docs are not here
--------

then.... make, make install and it works....

My final install doesn't actually successfully display a splash
screen. It brings up a little frame with what looks like an effort at
displaying a graphic, but there's no graphic there. Is this a
side-effect of not being able to get past the documentation part of
make install?

Yes this is all about. I checked this. And you have warring about assertion after run, haven't you ?
Afeter hacking /dia/doc/Makefile all is fine

Paul Rozanski