Re: WIN32 compilation, UML Sequence Diagrams and Inheritance arrows and the spirit of GNU software.

Le Mon, Aug 19, 2002, à 09:37:55PM +0200, Hans Breuer a écrit:

MSVC 5.0 - 7.0 are tested and work. It should be quite simple if
one reads glib/README.win32

heh :-)

I stand corrected. He uses MSVC 5.0. Load the dsw (project file) into MSVC
5.0, and try to compile.
There is no dsw file in all of gnome cvs. It's just much cleaner
to use handwritten makefile.msc as well as nmake. Beside not
depending on a specific compiler/ide version this is much more
manageable for about 140 gimp plug-ins or about 20 dia modules.

more than agreed (being doing about the same thing with Borland
cra^Wenvironments).

PS: one likely outcome of deliberately pissing off people like you just did
is the removal of Win32 support, plain and simple.

Please don't do it in the cvs sources yet :)

I sincerely hope you'll reconsider your decision, once things have cooled
down a little. But well, I can't say I'm surprised.

        -- Cyrille

--
Grumpf.