Re: Review of Keybindings [Re: Dia's user interface]

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Adrien Beau wrote:
On Monday 22 April 2002 12:36, Lars Clausen wrote:

AZERTY is evil.  They require shift to do numbers.  I hated
them the entire time I was in Rennes.

Actually, putting ~#{}[]|`\^ and @ as "third class" symbols
reachable only with the AltGr key is far worse in my opinion.
But we're digressing, so let's bury the French keyboard here.

Amen!  Bury it far and deep:)

I think it fair to use [] and {} in a shortcut (in particularly shortcuts
that are not that central), after all, those chars are used much in other
contexts, too.  And they're dynamically reassignable, so there.

-Lars

P.S. ObDisgress:  I can see why the 'special' chars are made third class
citizens on the Azerty (and Danish and others) keyboards, for those were
designed before compilers, where special symbols were, indeed, special.