Re: Review of Keybindings [Re: Dia's user interface]

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Alan Horkan wrote:

disclaimer when i write Ctrl+ i mean Ctrl then another key, emacs users
seem to prefer the convention C-x C-q but it is should be fairly clear
what i mean.
[...]
But let me think about this a bit more
the functions are:

Send to the very Back
Send to the very Front
but also
Send Backwards
Send Forwards

would using the keys [] and {} clash with anything?  (i see Tom also
suggests this, should be okay on all the various Qwerty US/UK keyboards
dont know about French AZERTY keyboards or anything else unfortunately).

The great thing about this is you have Send Backwards and the the same
shorcut plus shift to send right to the very back.
simliar functions are often grouped using shift, Print Ctrl+P and Print
Setup/Preview Ctrl+Shift+P

That's a clever idea.  It will be slightly tricky on some European
keyboards, but I don't want to stop for that.  Good idea.

AZERTY is evil.  They require shift to do numbers.  I hated them the entire
time I was in Rennes.

-Lars