Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 02:05:03 +0100
To: dia-list gnome org
From: Philip Rhoades <philr mail austasia net>
Sender: dia-list-admin gnome org
Subject: Any more progress with Visio <=> Dia  interchange methods?

Lars,

I read the archives about attempts to move files between Visio
and Dia -
have there been any more developments by anyone?

No, but we've determined that the most feasible way is probably to
use OLE
on a machine with Visio to convert.  Other programs do that.  If
we get
that running, we could even set up a conversion server.  Don't
know of
anybody working on it, though (does anyone have a copy of Visio
installed
at all?)

I have a (pre-MS) copy - I was trying to avoid re-installing it on
my newly
installed Win4Lin v3.0 (running on RH7.1) because I want to get rid
of as
much Windows crap as possible but if it will help the development
process I
am happy to of course.

I have never done anything with OLE though - it seems like that
shouldn't
be a problem if someone is willing to point me in the right
direction.

Thanks,

Phil.

-