Re: Any more progress with Visio <=> Dia interchange methods?

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Philip Rhoades wrote:

Lars,

I read the archives about attempts to move files between Visio and Dia
- have there been any more developments by anyone?

No, but we've determined that the most feasible way is probably to use
OLE on a machine with Visio to convert.  Other programs do that.  If we
get that running, we could even set up a conversion server.  Don't know
of anybody working on it, though (does anyone have a copy of Visio
installed at all?)

I have a (pre-MS) copy - I was trying to avoid re-installing it on my
newly installed Win4Lin v3.0 (running on RH7.1) because I want to get
rid of as much Windows crap as possible but if it will help the
development process I am happy to of course.

It would help quite a lot if we could actually get that translation up.
Lots of people have been asking for it.

I have never done anything with OLE though - it seems like that
shouldn't be a problem if someone is willing to point me in the right
direction.

Can't help you with OLE, for me it's just something that pops up
occasionally in network classes.  For importing/exporting Dia files, look
at the plug-ins (my xfig plug-in is apparently sufficiently clean that the
plug-in I learned from got re-written by it:)

Best of luck with this!

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg