Re: Matrix IRC bridge considered harmful

On Wed, 2020-02-12 at 14:09 -0800, Britt Yazel wrote:
[... ] I could see an argument being that Matrix has Fractal and
therefor is a nice GTK client, but, unfortunately as it is to say, my
experience with Fractal was a bit iffy at best. I cannot even count
the number of messages just dropped into the ether using Fractal.

I must say that this is the same reason I stopped using Fractal.
However, there are alternatives like Revolt:
https://github.com/aperezdc/revolt

UI-wise, RocketChat feel more polished than Riot, but I have used
RocketChat on and off.

Regarding to the mobile client: Riot's client is not mature yet.
The stable version for Android does not support the latest Riot
protocol, which allows edits, and reactions. As a consequence, if
someone edits a message say 5 times, you see 5 times the same message
(with a star at the beginning to know it is an edited message), and no
reaction. The development version supports edit, but it lacks several
features already available in the stable one.

I do not use it mobile that much, but enough to notice Riot is not
mature yet. I have not tested RocketChat mobile app. YMMV.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
https://calcifer.org