Re: I believe we should reconsider our sys-tray removal

On Mon, 2019-03-25 at 12:22 -0400, Will Thompson wrote:

[...] In particular, several third-party, non-free apps like Dropbox
which are partially or totally unusable without a status notifier
already support it. (Not to make this all about Dropbox – it's just
an app I use that falls into the "totally unusable" category.)

Hm. I'd like to challenge this. I've used Dropbox for 10+ years and I
forgot it even had a notification icon.

From my experience there aren't many (or even any?) apps that fall on
the partially- to totally unusable scale.

Regards, Mattias