Re: I believe we should reconsider our sys-tray removal

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 2:38 PM Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 7:07 PM Britt Yazel <bwyazel gnome org> wrote:
I want to re-poen an old argument now that we have seen the effects of

An example of this biting us in the arse is that with 3.32
TopIcons is causing the CPU usage to run through the roof, and people are
blaming the Shell for the CPU usage, not the extension, leaving our users
with a bad taste in their mouths.

That is indeed an issue, I acknowledge this. It doesn’t mean the
premise of this email is correct.

It *can* be an issue.

In this particular case it does look like it was triggered by some
change in mutter/gnome-shell, so the blame isn't misplaced and moving
tray icons back into the shell itself wouldn't fix it.

Cheers,
Florian