Re: What is the status of developer.gnome.org and help.gnome.org?

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 08:42:28 -0500
Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

On Fri, 2019-02-15 at 20:19 +0000, Emmanuele Bassi via desktop-devel-
list wrote:
Given the state of library-web’s maintenance and resources, I’m
actually
trying to figure out a way to use Gitlab’s CI to build the
documentation
and put it somewhere else; I still have to investigate how to achieve
this
on the GNOME infrastructure.

I'd like to switch help.gnome.org to use Pintail. I have a very rough
work in progress of such a setup here:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/shaunm/help.gnome.org

It builds straight from git branches. Tarballs are irrelevant.

I think this switch should be the docs project's primary goal for the next
release cycle, and I'm hoping we can get the necessary support from Infra
and other groups in the community to make this happen.

There's also a group of people wanting to do something else for the
developer site. I went to some of their meetings, but haven't had time
to keep up. I don't know their status.

Same here. I think if the developer site group chooses at some point to
go for the same solution as the user help site, they can just do it by
re-using parts of the infra setup, though from what I understood the
group's goal was to switch to a Drupal-like CMS. Any updates there?

Cheers,
pk