Re: Proposal: earlier tarball deadlines

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 9:12 PM Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
On Fri, 2019-08-16 at 13:49 -0500, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:
I'm a bit confused by this argument, because Monday is only the
deadline, the last-possible day to release, not a recommended day.

It's the "last-possible day" *therefore* it is the day that most
tarballs will be released.

Indeed. Moreover, in my experience, many maintainers consciously leave
that time for translators and check the status of their module on
Damned lies to see if there’s any team currently working on it and
whether they need to wait just a tiny bit longer for that language to
land in time. Kudos to all of those who do that, it is greatly
appreciated.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker