Re: Proposal: earlier tarball deadlines

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 7:31 pm, Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:
Weekends are usually the time when most translations get done. If you
remove this opportunity, I guess we should consider freezing earlier
too so that translators basically get the same amount of time to do
their job.

I'm a bit confused by this argument, because Monday is only the deadline, the last-possible day to release, not a recommended day. I'm going to do my 3.33.91 releases today most likely, or maybe tomorrow. Waiting until the deadline is very stressful IMO.

Personally, my favorite time to release is right after the release reminder gets sent out (Thursday night in America). But of course any time before the tarball deadline is fine for release team.

Weekends are usually the time when most translations get done. If you
remove this opportunity, I guess we should consider freezing earlier
too so that translators basically get the same amount of time to do
their job.

Yeah the freezes would surely move with the tarball deadline. There's no need to change that.

Michael