Re: Proposal: Replace all references to master/slave in GNOME modules

On 2019-04-25 10:17 a.m., Christopher Davis via desktop-devel-list wrote:
That connection is the problematic bit, because in some countries slavery
wasn't all that long ago, and in some places it's never left or it changed forms.

Doesn't change the fact that it's accurate, and is the correct computer terminology.

If we want to be an inclusive project, it would be beneficial to use language that do esn't scratch at scars
when we have other metaphors we can use.

I would suggest to you that trying to be "inclusive" turns a lot of people off, making it overall less inclusive. ie, negative gains.

And I'm serious about that. If anything's been learned from the drama on LKML last year, it's that for every one person "triggered" by status quo, about three seemed "triggered" by forcing changes on that front.

--Pat