Re: Proposal: Replace all references to master/slave in GNOME modules

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 at 06:21, <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
This should go without saying, but master branches are not a reference
to slavery, rather to canonicity. The master branch is the canonical
branch, the primary copy.

This is very much my thinking too. I'd agree with this proposal if
every branch forked from master was called slave/hughsie/whatever but
in this case the master is clearly referring to the canonical version
that the others are derived from. The word "master" isn't a bad word,
and doesn't always mean the opposite of slave.

I was hesitant to reply to this conversation as a middle-aged, middle
income white man but felt like I had to say something. I'll go get my
flame proof suit...

Richard.