Re: Proposal: Replace all references to master/slave in GNOME modules

Sure, sorry if my words sounded aggressive, that was not my intention. Only meant to remark another one what was already been said in previous mails (i18n list) and Gitlab issue.

Thanks!

El jue., 25 abr. 2019 a las 11:46, Felipe Borges (<felipeborges gnome org>) escribió:
On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 8:54 AM Daniel Mustieles García via
desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Please stop lying about changes in Django, Rust or Python branches' names... they stil use «master» for the main branch. Here are the changes those projects are discussing:
>
> Djando: db configuration. The comments in the issue you've mentioned are an interesting reading... did you read them?
> Rust: Like Djando, it's a change in source code, not in branch name
> Python: Again... read above
>
> So no, your arguments are not valid and your change in the name of the branch have caused problems in Damned Lies, automated scripts, etc.
>
> Please revert the change, it makes no sense to keep this discussion alive.

.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:21 AM Daniel Mustieles García via
desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org> wrote:

> Do we need to remember you again the incovenients of your change? Damned Lies is broken in Geary's module (cherry-pick doesn't work), developers and contributors get confused if modules name their master branches to whatever maintainers decide, you have broken GNOME's standard naming for development branches, your arguments about Django, Rust, Linux Kernel are false, you've done this change without asking the community, which is clearly against it... do you want more reasons?

Daniel, could you please be more careful about your wording here? This
should be a civil conversation between colleagues and your choice of
words can sound slightly aggressive to some people.