Re: 3.27.90 tarball deadline extended

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 8:36 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
It was clear from the earlier mails that the release-team would be using BuildStream, it really wasn't explicit that the developers and maintainers of individual modules were also being asked that.

To be clear, we're not asking for that. You can use whatever tool you want.

JHBuild was previously the easiest way to generate a release tarball for GNOME. Now we intend for BuildStream to fulfill that role. So, going forward, it will be our recommendation to use it. But you certainly don't have to. It's just a tool, after all.

Michael