Re: Documentation - language default

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 2:18 PM Jeremy Bicha <jbicha ubuntu com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 10:18 AM, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
> Michael Hall <mhall119 gmail com> wrote:
>> We have a project
>> on GNOME's Gitlab, a Telegram channel, and have been trying to hold regular
>> meetings on it.
>
> This is all news to me... it would have been good to have heard about
> the initiative sooner - I've been involved in quite a few discussions
> about GNOME's developer documentation over the years, and have done a
> fair amount of work on developer documentation design in the past [1]
> (this came out of a meeting we had at GUADEC in 2016), including
> creating a new prototype site last year.
>
> Have you spoken with any of the relevant maintainers, like Shaun
> McCance, Frederic Peters, or David King? Christian Hergert's also done
> some work around developer documentation...

Let me confirm and restate: GNOME has a Docs team. It would be cool if
you would work with the existing Docs Team when doing big Docs stuff.

I talked to Petr (on a bugzilla ticket) and they have given their ok on going forward as long as we keep them in the loop because they are responsible for the developer.gnome.org site.  I also promised to be a liaison between the two teams.

sri

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha