Re: Google Hangouts support

Hangups seems to work pretty stably and well, and there are several
experimental matrix<->hangouts bridges out there via hangups. If
someone finished one of them off it would be a very viable option.

There's also an xmpp bridge component for hangouts based on hangups

(The first version was at
https://github.com/ZeWaren/jabber-hangouts-transport
but I'm not sure the original developer is still that involved)

Because I'm trying for a Google free mobile experience I'm trying to
get the XMPP gateway working, so I can use conversations.im.

However there was also this Telepathy Hangouts CM.
https://github.com/tiagosh/telepathy-hanging

I did try that one a few years ago, and it did work. Though I had this
issue with kde-telepathy
https://github.com/tiagosh/telepathy-hanging/issues/2
Though the developers said it worked with empathy.

Though given hangups is still being developed finishing the CM that
uses hangups is probably the better solution.

Diane