Re: GNOME Modulesets migrating to BuildStream

On Fri, 2017-11-10 at 01:45 -0800, Christian Hergert wrote:
On 11/10/2017 12:46 AM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
I'm sorry that out of the many things I have to juggle, I had never
considered Builder compatibility to be a blocker for the GNOME release
team to start maintaining GNOME builds in a new format, this does
strike me as an unreasonable requirement.

I think you've miss-interpreted my criticism about timing as suggesting
a blocker (I'm not). What I was trying to communicate is that I would
have benefited from a heads up (and maybe even a scheduled go/no-go date).

Doing so would have provided me a chance at keeping things working.

I will try to do better from here on and I truly am sorry for the
inconvenience, It was my mistake to have made any assumptions of who is
consuming the modulesets and for what purposes.

I did try to do my research on this, but going too public too fast with
this kind of change also can have it's downsides, we are out of the
muddy waters now though, and I will try to communicate things more
clearly, there is still a lot to sort out.

Also, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
    -Tristan