Re: Proposal to deploy GitLab on gnome.org

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 3:15 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
On Wed, 2017-05-17 at 11:33 +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:

<snip>
Most developers are more familiar with the GitHub workflow, I think
it's
an easier workflow than attaching a patch to a bugtracker ticket.
Once
the contributor has pushed a branch on the fork repo, all the rest
can
be done from the web interface by clicking on some buttons.

I absolutely hate this workflow, fwiw. I prefer being able to run "git-
bz" to both create and apply patches, rather than keeping a clone with
a bunch of patches in my own org, or remembering the commands to push a
repo to my own repo from the upstream clone.

I hope there will be a git-bz equivalent available.

I would love a git-bz equivalent for this so I can use it for the
projects I contribute to on GitHub ;)

This reminds me, does GitLab allow you to review the commit message of
a patch or series of patches or does it hide it away like GitHub does?
I often forget to review the syntax and content of the commit message
because of this on GitHub, and this is probably quite important for
GNOME projects.

Cheers,
Nirbheek