Re: Proposal to deploy GitLab on gnome.org

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 12:23 PM, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:
Some maintainers want this, and I think that will be fine in the future. I don't really care much either way, because I've never seen any intentional abuse, and if someone commits something wrong to one of my projects I can simply revert it... which is very rare. But GitLab makes it easy to lock down permissions, and I hope we don't do that right away, when our build system is still very fragile and waiting for maintainers to approve build fixes is undesirable.

And we do need some tier of permissions, since we want everyone to be able to use the issue tracker, but we surely do not want everyone to be able to close and reopen issues, or to commit to our projects.

Michael