Paperwork : a personal document manager (scanned and PDFs)

Hello,

(sorry if it's not the correct mailing-list for this kind of discussions)

On Github, someone told me that there is someone else in the Gnome
design team working on mockups for a new document manager / scan
application[1][2]. It looks quite similar to an application I've been
working on for a while: Paperwork.
Website: https://openpaper.work/
Sources: https://github.com/openpaperwork/paperwork/#readme
Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMazTTM6ltg

A while ago, I sent a mail to gnome-list@ regarding this
application[3]. Unfortunately, I didn't get any response (wrong
mailing-list ?). I still believe this application could be a good fit
for Gnome and I think it would be sad to have same work done twice so
here I am again :-)

Assuming this is actually a good fit for Gnome, I'm not sure where to
start either. Any indications would be welcome.

Best regards,

[1] https://github.com/openpaperwork/paperwork/issues/627
[2]
https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/blob/52fb787932e7d2e3829243789b7f77e05c26dbc3/document-scanner/document-scanner.png