Re: For projects switching to Meson *only*

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 10:34:03AM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
On 28 April 2017 at 01:00, Peter Hutterer <peter hutterer who-t net> wrote:
I will, but I'll keep the two parallel for at least a release or two.

I tried doing this in my projects last cycle and was a bit of a
disaster. Pretty much any committer that added files or changed how
the project was built, broke one of the two systems. Asking people to
test two quite different build systems before sending patches is
raising the bar a little too high and adding confusion. IMHO, etc.

Yeah, I can see that. 'fortunately', libinput has a continuos contributor
count of approximately 1, so I guess having all contributors test two build
systems won't be the biggest issue ;)

Cheers,
   Peter