Re: Building GNOME in restrictive network environments

Thanks to Florian for remembering this trick. For those at GUADEC for the time being you can add to your ~/.gitconfig:

[url "https://git.gnome.org/browse"]
  insteadOf = git://git.gnome.org
[url "https://anongit.free desktop.org/git"]
  insteadOf = git://anongit.freedesktop.org

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017, 16:38 Sam Thursfield <ssssam gmail com> wrote:
On 7/31/17, mcatanzaro gnome org <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
> I'd also ask the GUADEC 2018 hosts to keep in mind the importance of
> having a good network connection for the unconference days. I'm told
> the MMU network is blocking email and IRC in addition to git. It's also
> blocking my Private Internet Access VPN. Shame we can't use our free
> PIA subscriptions (thanks PIA!) to avoid these problems.

Ugh! Sorry...

it at least makes sense to test the wifi in advance of the event and
document what is blocked so people can set up proxy servers with SSH
listening on port 443 in advance...

Sam