Re: Building GNOME in restrictive network environments

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Bastian Ilso <hougaard junior gmail com> wrote:
We also experienced this issue at the newcomers workshop as many flatpak manifests also download dependencies using the git:// protocol. It'd be great to have these fixed or maybe have a fallback behavior (having several URLs to try in the manifests?).

I'd also ask the GUADEC 2018 hosts to keep in mind the importance of having a good network connection for the unconference days. I'm told the MMU network is blocking email and IRC in addition to git. It's also blocking my Private Internet Access VPN. Shame we can't use our free PIA subscriptions (thanks PIA!) to avoid these problems.

Michael