Re: Thoughs about communication

Hi,

At Igalia we're currently evaluating a switch from XMPP to Matrix.
We're quite pleased with Matrix relative to both XMPP and IRC. Although
many Matrix clients are not very great, we find the Riot web client is
good and improving quickly; we have a dumb GTK+ 3 wrapper app for it
that many of us use. (I use a GNOME web app. ;)

We need to recognize that a large amount of developers will continue to
wish to access GIMPNet with an IRC client. But bridging solves that
problem nicely. Igalia's Matrix server already has its own IRC bridge
to GIMPNet that works quite well, though it's not public.