Re: Librsvg 2.41.0 is released

Hi,

On 05/01/17 09:58 PM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Thu, 2017-01-05 at 19:25 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
That *will* download, compile, and link stuff like gtk-rs statically
into librsvg.so.  I don't think this is a problem in the long term:
with things like Flatpak we are already moving away from distros
trying
to mandate which dependencies one uses, and moving towards developers
making that choice on their own.

Hi,

It's a total blocker for inclusion in Fedora, where builds have no
network access, and where we are very strongly discouraged from linking
to libraries like gtk-rs. I imagine openSUSE is going to have the same
network access problem, right? Have you tried building it on OBS?

Reading this:

https://czanik.blogs.balabit.com/2016/07/how-to-package-rust-applications-to-rpm-using-vendoring/

(It is from July and the tools have evolved).

Maybe `make dist` could perform a `cargo vendor`, and we could make this
the standard practice?

Hub