Re: Librsvg 2.41.0 is released

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017, at 10:26 PM, Hubert Figuière wrote:

Reading this:

https://czanik.blogs.balabit.com/2016/07/how-to-package-rust-applications-to-rpm-using-vendoring/

That's a very useful post.

(It is from July and the tools have evolved).

Maybe `make dist` could perform a `cargo vendor`, and we could make this
the standard practice?

Yeah, makes sense to me in the short term, until packaging tools catch up
and some of this can be generated and shared across projects.  But that's
a huge topic, getting into handling multiple concurrent versions, Rust ABI stability etc.

What we're doing here with librsvg seems to be a very ambitious use of
Rust - I think something smaller like what Firefox is doing by having some
smaller bits where it'd be a build time option for a while would
help ease the transition.

I guess in practice the previous librsvg branch will be that build time option.