Re: 3.25.90 will probably be delayed

On Sat, 2017-08-12 at 17:47 -0500, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:
On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 4:52 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
wrote:
What usually happened in the past was that the older version was
used
when such a problem happened, which would hopefully have
streamlined
the process somewhat ("I used this old version because that new
one...).

Yes.

The problem this time is that I don't know what components are even
blame for these issues.  E.g. in the PackageKit bug it's not clear
if
the underlying issue is in PackageKit, or gobject-introspection, or
glib itself. Since we don't know where the bug is, I don't know
which
package I can hold back.

Right, that's a fair assessment. Might be useful to check afterwards
why the problem wasn't hit on C-I, or jhbuild before you ran into it.

Quite a bit of time was also spent on e-mailing maintainers (myself
included) that didn't make releases after porting to projects to
Meson
but changing jhbuild modulesets. I really think that somebody needs
spend the time finding and implementing a solution for this
problem.

We're migrating away from jhbuild and this is a one-time issue, so I
don't think it's worth spending time on. The solution is to make a
new
release sometime before the release is due if you switch to meson at
the same time that you delete the Autotools build.

It's annoying to do for 15 modules, which is why I sent out mails,
but
it's also easy to work around by just changing the build type in the
release moduleset.

If that's not something that you spent a lot of time on and didn't
block the release on, then don't mind me.